Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh look, a deadline

Those of you know me, know that I do not function without a deadline.

Do. Not. Function.

Notice, if you will, that I haven't worked on the flash fiction piece at all since I had you read it.  Yeah, lack of structure gives me writer's block and eternal frustration.

Hooray!  I found a contest.  And I'd better hurry, too.  Look for a draft in the coming days.  I want to send it over to Pure Slush by Tuesday evening at the latest.

I wish I could stop working and devote 40-a-week to writing.  I really want to write my book.  And, I know,  I just have to do it.  But, I generally feel pretty small and crummy after my work day, so I've had a terribly difficult time being creative.  Sad writing is unmotivated, flitty writing.

This is Pizza Oasis at this very moment:


No business, no bueno.

I like to work on writing stuff here.  I get distracted by the quietness at home.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Um, so that means that we reviewers also get a short deadline?

    Re eternal frustration: Hey, the best writing comes from great suffering. Think "The Gulag Archipelago." No, I never read it, but I once saw a TV show where they said it was great, and I'm sure Solzhenitsyn suffered greatly, enough to make him move to Vermont."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, get it done chicka! You do know you can set your own deadlines, right? I know , you really don't need to hear that from your mom. Good luck, can't wait to read it

    ReplyDelete