Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hey! Look over there!

Gah, I am so tired.  I had to sign up for extra hours for Friday and Saturday at the 'flix because of anticipated call volume (more to come on that after it's no longer confidential... [read: Wednesday]) and I think my body is exhausted in anticipation of overtime + Oasis.  Oh, and it's Monday.  We had a really good night at the shop, though.  About $850.  Huge for a Monday. And everyone was in such good spirits.

I am looking forward to reading (I am currently reading The Help, thanks Danie!), writing and baking tomorrow.  Totally low key.  We were supposed to finally meet our neighbors Heidi and Jesse tomorrow, but it had to be postponed because they've been wicked busy.

So, in lieu of something interesting from me, here are a couple of articles that I found interesting today:



Good night!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to know what you think of The Help. I saw a review about it here: http://www.racialicious.com/2011/06/28/we-just-cant-avoid-the-help/ and it got me curious since the response seemed so mixed.

    I'm trying, ever so slowly, to get a bit of a handle on race relations in the US and this book seems to be a smaller point of contention than some of the larger issues, so I'm thinking of having a look into it.

    Anyway, pretty keen to know what you think and if you think it's worth my time (my reading/thinking time tends to be at a premium) : )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely let you know. I'm not very far into yet, so I haven't formed an opinion. But, as usual, I'm sure I'll have one. :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great quiet day. The Jezebel post regarding FoF was quite interesting. Love the line, FoF forgives you, but will still keep trying to prevent you from having the same rights I do... Okay maybe not exactly how they put it, but the same meaning. You know they would push their adgenda with every pair of shoes the give out. I have great dislike for any and all missionary groups that go "help" developing counties, using it as a guise to push their dogma. Did I use that word correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWIW, Lynn really liked "The Help." I haven't read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see this post until now. I hope you are enjoying The Help! I think the movie previews make the book look more lighthearted than it truly is. But, of course I still want to see it.

    ReplyDelete