Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Morning Tea

I've had a good morning.

I got my story in to Pure Slush.  It's slated for September 6th in the itinerary.  He's put it under nonfiction, which isn't stylistically accurate, in my opinion, but that's alright.

I may have a small contract writing job with a wholesale cosmetics company. We shall see.  I don't even know any of the details, yet.

Top all that off with a well rounded breakfast of tempeh, rye toast and fruit.  And some tea, of course.


I don't know if I've blogged about this before, but Ian and I bought this 2 cup teamaker from Teavana awhile back.  It's pretty rad.  You put loose leaf tea in, follow it with hot water to steep and then you set it on your mug.  The bottom is pressure released, so it opens and pours in your hot tea.  This is Thai inspired tea with dried fruits and star anise in it.


We don't have a microwave, so coffee and tea water gets heated on the stove top.  That's fine until you need a warm up.


Delicious.  I like how it foams just a little.


My mom gave me this mug for Valentine's Day four or five years ago.  Ian says it's heinous, but I think it's hilariously adorable.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. Your first published story. And the possibility of a writing job, Yeah you!
    The tea looks awesome, glad you still have the mug. Pooh on you Ian. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, tea.
    And congrats on your story!

    ReplyDelete