Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth

Ian and I didn't get to head over to my Gramma's (on Mason Lake) yesterday like we traditionally would have.  We still tried to make the most of it and checked out what was going on downtown and on the waterfront.

Pardon the "artistic" photos.  I'm still using my phone and begging everyone I know to go in together and get me a camera for my birthday.


The waterfront was a madhouse.


People were lighting fireworks in the dry fountain bed.  Some folks were also lighting them on the path, forcing walkers to duck and cover.


Ian trying to find a pub.


We found Kell's.


This trumpeteer was trying to play a Beatles song (I can't remember which one), but failing horribly.  He kept stopping and trying again.  Eventually he gave up and just sat there for a few minutes.


We happened upon a ...bucket circle. They were actually really good.  When we first came up to it, there was a little kid dancing like mad.  People were putting money at his feet.  When he was done the drummer in the middle (no shirt) came up and gathered the money.  I worried that he was going to take it, but he gave it all to the little boy.  That made me feel pretty good about him, so I put a couple of dollars in the bucket and several other people did, too.

Some people were trying to sell stuff (drinks, glow sticks, jewelry, etc.) down by the waterfront.  One lady passed us with her cooler and she was slinging soda and water.  She was barking (meaning she had a sort of shpeel she yelled to get folks' attention), which isn't something you see often in the states.  It reminded us of the beach in Spain where a guy was hawking drinks with a little "rhyme" (water, lemonade, orangeade, Coca Cola in Spanish).  Ian then proceeded to spend the next few minutes trying to recapture that little song, but he simply couldn't get "anaranjada" (orangeade).  I just realized that I gave him the wrong word, anyway, as the one that starts with the 'a' refers to the color.  It should be "naranjada."  Oh well, don't tell him.  I rotated the video, but then I lost the sound.  I'm too tired to troubleshoot, so kindly turn your heads.


I'll post the draft that I submit to Pure Slush tomorrow.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun night. Happy about the shirtless guy and the money.
    And, oh Ian.

    ReplyDelete