Sunday, July 24, 2011

Too. Damn. Hot.

I shouldn't complain.

It's 75 degrees with 86% humidity in Chicago.  Right now.  It's night.
79 in New York.
And 97 in Phoenix.

But, man do we need a fan.

I went out with Heidi and company for her birthday on Friday.  It was a very swell time.  I'm pretty stoked that they're right next door.  Now none of us can move for a good, long while.  Ha.

Big development:  I put in my notice at Netflix.  We hadn't expected it to be quite this soon, but I'm actually needed at the shop.  Another employee is moving onward and upward.  'Tis the nature of the industry I guess.  To be honest, it's very much for the best (for the shop, I mean).

I could only give a weeks' notice, which made me feel pretty crummy.  But, Netflix only needs 48 hours.  Gabe (supervisor) is incredibly supportive.  Somebody give that man a position at the top, seriously.  I'll be sad to leave him.  I'm re-hireable, so that's good.  Just in case.  Gabe has kindly agreed to be a reference for me, as well.  Since my last job was in Korea, I can use as many of those as I can get.  I'm surprised at my mixed emotions.  But, though a step back in pay for now, I know that this is one very sure way of moving toward a career level job.

Necessity breeds motivation.

And, I am still able to be "currently employed" on my resume.

Saturday will be my last day.  I'm having Ian bring pizza.

Also, I will have a Pure Slush draft up on Tuesday.

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. That's cool you are bringing pizza for the net flix bunch. And you are right necessity is great motivator. You will be fine. Looking forward to the story . Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, necessity sure is a mother.

    Glad you're out of that pressure cooker, though. Think of all those writers who spent their lives in cafes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I'm just going to ignore that beginning part about it being too hot and just keep standing in front of my AC unit while I drip sweat.

    ReplyDelete