Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time

I don't like posting just to post, but I want to make sure that I stay consistent in writing daily.

I had no time this "weekend" for writing.  I guess, it's better to say that I didn't make time.  I wanted to, but there was so much to do.  But, as that's always the case, I really need to harness some self discipline.

Tomorrow I am working a 12-hour shift with a 1/2 hour lunch.  Envious?  When I get home (at 8:30 or so) my full intention is to poor myself into my draft and make some further edits.  I also need to send out several resumes and cover letters.  Then on Saturday I'll be working an 11-hour shift with a 1/2 hour lunch.  I've got to put in 4 hours of overtime a week for the next couple of weeks.  At least, as it is right now.  It could go on longer.  Hopefully not.  Luckily, I'll get Wednesday off from the shop and I'll be meeting Rob and family in Seaside for the day.  The break will be much needed.

Today was painfully slow at the shop.  I thought I might fall asleep at one point.  But, it picked up a little during happy hour and again around dinner.

Wish me luck tomorrow. Gulp.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Long days wow. Get your rest at night, you will need it. Also just take a deep breath, really , breathing exercises are a great stress reliever. If you are interested in learning one, let me know. I use Dr. Weil's 7,4,8 exercise. It works, I have side railed many a panic attack with it. Also remember you can't control someones actions toward you, you can only control how you react to it.

    I have the same discipline issues when it comes to Out of the barn. What I have found that helps is dedicating a specific time during the day that I have to put the hours in , then you decide the # of hours, I usually make it at least 2-3. As if you are going to a job. That is a least helpful for me. Good luck today, perhaps it will not be as bad as you anticipate. That is my wish for you anyway.

    ReplyDelete