Thursday, July 21, 2011

Seaside Hour by Hour

6am- Lawnmower on the golf course.

7am- Dirty dishes from making banana muffins.

8am- Banana muffins are done!  And burnt a little because I was tired and read the oven temp wrong...

9am- Satchmo welcomes me back after my run.  Those are Ian's glasses he was guarding.

10 am- I grab my key and head west!

11am- I start to lose decent radio stations.

12pm- I arrive!  Rob and Danie have a pretty rad suite.

1pm- We headed to Cannon Beach!  Rob had some appointments for work and we played around downtown until he was done.

2pm- Chilling on a bench to enjoy the chocolates we all got from a little shop.

3pm- We took a peak at the beach, but we didn't go because we waiting for Rob.

4pm- We met Rob at a candy shop, where I got these for Ian (he couldn't come).  They aren't actually lentils, don't worry.

5pm- Cannon Beach/ Haystack!

6pm- Had to get some phone photos of the rock before we headed to dinner.

7pm- More candy!  This store had aisles and aisles of classic and modern candy.  I got a licorice rope.  Then we went to dinner at a restaurant called Doogers where I had spaghetti.

8pm- Lewis and Clark.  We walked around a little bit before I had to head back.

9pm- My check engine light is perpetually on.  My car also has over 270,000 miles on it.

10pm- I stop at Starbucks before I go into the shop to say hi because driving makes me very sleepy.  That is not Rob's jeep, ha.

11pm- I leave the shop because Ian and Justin are staying to make dough and I was too tired to be of help.  This is our mint bowl.  I ate one on my way out the door.

12pm- Broken!  Just before I went to bed, I wandered in the kitchen and realized the cats had knocked a glass off the drying rack.

Here are some extra pictures:

Danie taking pictures of Haystack Rock.  She did a cool panorama, too.

Bubbles and feet.

Sandcastles!

Rob wrote Audrey's name in it with a shell.

Pyramid sandcastles!

Awesome day.  Have fun finding glass balls in Lincoln City today, guys.  Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a awesome day, I am jealous. Bad Kitties!

    Hope they find some glass balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, check engine light. Do you know why it's on? If not, you might not be too happy if your car dies in the middle of the freeway somewhere on a typically rainy day. Some places will check it for you for free. (In case you don't know it just involves plugging a computer into a socket.) I think AAMCO transmissions is one place that will check it for free. Most slimeball garages charge upwards of $100 to check it, which takes all of 1 minute. It might be something as simple as needing a new gas cap. If you car is 96 or later, you can drive down here and I'll check it with the code reader I bought a while back and have yet to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a '92 Camry. Honestly, we'll be getting rid of it come fall, probably. I know I still should get it checked out... but, it's hard to be motivated to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My check engine light is always on, too. I get it checked for free a few times a year to ensure that nothing major is causing it. So far, the issue has been some kind of sensor that isn't really important yet costs about $700 to fix. You should check it. If it's cheap to fix, you'll get a better price or trade-in on your car.

    ReplyDelete