Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tattoo

My tattoo "redo" is done!  Well, probably.  Chad (at Lady Luck Tattoo) thinks that he may need to do some touch up when it heals.  The green was pretty resilient in places and it didn't want to give way.  He's pretty meticulous.  I'm pretty sore.

It looks fantastic.

Before:



After:


Pretty phenomenal difference, right?  The leaves are the obvious difference.  But, he deepened the color on everything.  I couldn't be happier.

By the way, we saw two (very different) movies on Tuesday night.  We saw Buck and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.  Buck was great (did you know he had to overcome crippling shyness at the beginning of his career?), though at times it was like watching a clinic, so I was surprised that Ian enjoyed it as much as he did.  It made us miss Bruce a lot.  There were some weekend cowboys there wearing Romeos and Levis and taking pictures of city folk stuff with their iPhones.  Pretty funny stuff.  Ian has a picture; I'll get it from him and post it.

I found Transformers to be really boring.  I'm not one to hate on action flicks, either.  Yes, the CGI has reached a pretty phenomenal point, but I just wasn't drawn into Shia, er... Sam's plight of feeling unappreciated enough to actually care about his character.  Don't get me started on the chick.  I don't even remember her name.  She was a warm body.

In short, go see Buck, rent TF3 if you're already a fan.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Your assessment of the new Transformers pin up girl reminded me of this article: http://www.overthinkingit.com/2008/08/18/why-strong-female-characters-are-bad-for-women/
    And yeah, the title offended me at first too, but that isn't really what it is about. The basis is how there should be strong characters who are female, rather than strong females who are characters. Compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tattoo really came to life. He is awesome! It looks unbelievable. We will see Buck if it comes out on disc, hopefully it will. Glad you liked it, loved Ian's FB comment about Bruce after he saw the movie. HEHE

    ReplyDelete