Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wall Plans

Phew.  The apartment is de-cluttered and the rest of the decorating and finalizing can begin.  The main things coming up for the apartment are: 1) the dining room table (we finally commissioned it, it will look a lot like this one from Restoration Hardware, with chairs and a bench to match)  2) painting!  3) framing and hanging photography and art (luckily, my brother works for Larson Juhl)  4) acquire house plants

Here's what the apartment looks like right now, complete with  bare eggshell walls:


(living room) Full bookcase.  It's too dark to tell, but there isn't a bunch of crap sitting on the chest next to the t.v. anymore.  Yay!

  
(living room) Plants on the shelf, art below it and on the other wall.  I have a simple collage frame to go in that spot above the heater.


 (dining room) It's going to be fun hauling that wood over to the metal shop.  Luckily, they had someone they could recommend to do the wood work.  Living in an apartment makes even simple sanding and cutting down pretty difficult.


(dining room)  Sad corner.  I'm not sure whether I want a hutch for that spot (hard to find) or if I'm just going to stick a plant in it.  Obviously, those walls need art.  The walls will be powder green in this room.


(living room)  This is the accent wall.  I'm going to paint it blue.  Rob and Danie got us that awesome map.  You scratch off places as you travel to them.


The guest room is still a catch all, but at least it's inhabitable now.


(bedroom)  Our bedroom needs color and art on the walls.  Badly.


That picture frame on Ian's night stand has a cut out from our crazy Korean wall paper in it (you can see the wall in the background of many of the photos in the Jecheon blog, it was pink with huge white flowers).

So, things are happening!  But, I have to work in the morning, so I'd better sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Here's an idea for art: how about getting a blow-up made of one of your travel pics? Some of them are very decorative. E.g., the lantern alley in I think it was Viet Nam. Groupon has been having a lot of 50% deals on blowups lately, at least around here. No doubt in Portland, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Peter's idea, I think the lanterns are in Busan Korea at the temple Ian and I went to.
    Your apartment is really coming together, looking good. I can't wait to see your table. Who is going to do it , and was it reasonable? Oh and the wall paper from Korea, so glad you did something with it, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like it to! We're definitely going to blow up photos. They will be our primary form of art. I'll look for those deals you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely takes some dedicated watching of the groupon deals for a while. But, groupon is the only one I watch, so if you keep an eye on the many others, the wait might be shorter. The one I got was I forget 50% or 75% off from an outfit in San Francisco. You can submit digitally, and they will mail it to you, so it doesn't really matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete