Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Doin' Good

I went to the shelter to volunteer today for the first time in weeks.  It felt pretty great to be back.  I ran into the aid that helped us with Satchmo's adoption and she was stoked to hear he was doing well.  I'll have to bring her a picture of the two kitties together.

There were a lot of Youth Volunteers around socializing the cats and there wasn't a lot of public foot traffic, so I went to the back and did dishes for most of my time.


I did not wash all of those (most had already been washed), but I did put all of them through the sanitizer.


It took forever because it's really slow.  Each load takes about 7 minutes.  The one at the shop only takes a couple.


I also folded a small pile of small animal boxes.

Come to think of it,  I do basically the same tasks volunteering at the shelter as I do at the shop.  Ha.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, dishes always seem to call your name. I think you secretly like to do them, lol. Glad you did something today that you love, the shelter is lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete