Friday, June 10, 2011

Valley

Cliches about life: 

-It's a roller coaster.  
-It has ups and downs.
-It's like a box of chocolates.

Basically, sometimes it's exciting and amazingly super fantastic.  Other times, like now, it's completely blase.

Why doesn't Blogger allow me to put the accent over those e's?

I'm in a rut (another cliche).  I've been feeling pretty down about writing, which actually and a little ironically, keeps me from writing.  So, my goal is to write a post each day, even if it's tiny and rambling.

Challenges are temporarily on hold, this month I'm supposed to be driving 80 miles or less each week.  I just can't take the max to Hillsboro and make it by 7.  I'd have to get up before 4am.  It's pretty disheartening, but on days that I don't work, I'm using TriMet more and driving less.  I love walking and taking public transit.  For some weird reason, it makes me feel closer to where I want to be.  And I feel pretty far away from there right now.

I'm going to keep working on the Korean story and send it to Arches (my alma mater's magazine) to see if they'll publish me.  I will post another draft within the next few days.  I've applied to an internship working one on one with a vegan writer/blogger.  I think we'd make a rad team, so I hope I hear back from him/her.

I also experimented in making some raw cashew cheese, so I'll post a picture of that tomorrow or something. It is pretty delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are in a slump. I know it will pass. Did you follow up on that writing position you applied for? I am happy to see a post on you blog, i was missing it. Can't wait to read the story you started. It is very good. Also want to hear about the cashew cheese, and photos. Want to hear more about the vegan blog thing too.

    ReplyDelete