Friday, May 27, 2011

Kitties Galore

I went to Jezebel.com today to grab the email address that we're supposed to submit our stories to and found out that they stopped accepting stories early due to overwhelming response.  Bummer.  But, no worries, I'm going to use this opportunity to expand the story into the full version I intended.  I'll post a new draft when I reach the new ending.

Satchmo has been out in the apartment since Tuesday and both cats are doing well.  Ava seems to have caught a bit of his cold, but we're giving them both the herbs now to help.  

Here's one photo from his release day.  I'm in Whole Foods on lunch and the internet isn't being timely with the upload, so I'll post the rest of the photos and good stuff later.




2 comments:

  1. I am so bummed, I really thought you would have a strong chance at winning. You must submit the revised version to a publication. I am excited to read it. Satchmo and Ava seem to be adjusting well. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, bummer. Lynn and I really liked the story You need to sue them for breach of contract. ...Or write a short story about how Jezebel breached her contract with the Phoenicians or something.

    However, I do note that Jezebel's web page says "For those of you who didn't get to submit, never fear — there will be further contests in future." so all is not lost.

    I'll be interested to see what they end up publishing.

    ReplyDelete