Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome, Satchmo!

Ian and I went to OHS on Wednesday and met with "Fuzzle," one of the Animal Care Technician's favorites.  He was totally sweet and his huge head made him irresistible.  I suggest "Armstrong" because of his puffy cheeks, but Ian preferred "Satchmo," Louis Armstrong's nickname.

I put a hold on him since the shelter was closing and came back the next evening to grab him.  He ended up free because I get a discount for being a volunteer and there's a $25 dollar special on all cats over 1 year during May.  I tried to pay for him, but they wouldn't let me.

So, in two weeks when he no longer has to live in "quarantine," Ava will have a boyfriend.  Things may be rough to start, but I'm sure that they'll grow to be friends.  She needs someone to keep her company when we're not there.

   
His last nap as the OHS kitty named "Fuzzle."


Safety first.


Cheeks!

I had a video of Ava playing with the laser pointer that I bought at the shelter, but my phone failed to email it, so I'll have to record her angrily chasing it this evening and post it.  It's pretty hilarious.


1 comment:

  1. he is so awesome, I know Ava will be grateful, eventually!

    ReplyDelete