Sunday, May 15, 2011

Random, Delicious

I was craving something saucy for dinner tonight, so I threw a random set of ingredients into a pan and ended up with something really good.  With some work, it could be great.


I'm not going to post the recipe just yet, but I started by browning some almonds and tofu in the pan and then I made a rue out of soy milk, a smidge of Earth Balance, white wine vinegar and nutritional yeast.   I simmered the tofu and green beans in the sauce and seasoned it and added it to the bowl hot and topped it with fresh spinach, allowing the residual heat to cook it a little.


Mmm.  Faux-cheesey.  I think it could have used more sauce, actually.  I'm stoked to perfect this.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! And fits in the 6 week challenge that you are doing. I can't wait for the recipe

    ReplyDelete