Thursday, April 28, 2011

Larabars

I recently tried a Larabar for the first time the other day.  I was super impressed.


Larabars are raw vegan nutritional bars.  But, they aren't filled with all the fortified crap that you'll find in a lot of other bars.


These are the five flavors that our neighborhood Trader Joe's has:
-cherry pie
-apple pie
-cashew cookie
-peanut butter cookie
-peanut butter chocolate chip

But, Larabars come in 14 other flavors, too:
-banana bread
-blueberry muffin
-carrot cake
-chocolate chip brownie
-chocolate chip cookie dough
-chocolate coconut chew
-cinnamon roll
-coconut creme pie
-ginger snap
-key lime pie
-lemon bar
-peanut butter and jelly
-pecan pie
-tropical fruit tart


This is the "peanut butter cookie" bar.  It has three ingredients (most of the bars have 5 ingredients or fewer): peanuts, dates and salt.

It tastes like a damn cookie.  I didn't eat that one, though.  I told Ian that I would let him try each of these flavors.  He's not big on bars.


Proof.

It's nice to know that there is a healthy treat out there for grabbing and going, but that's not really why I bought them.  My mom is handing her Ninja blender down to us and I want to experiment with making my own bars.  I intend to use these as a model.


2 comments: