Monday, April 4, 2011

I Just Might

I've decided that becoming a teacher may not be my calling. Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with a lack of desire or passion for education. It comes from the very simple and real threat of government decimation of of the education budget. Hell, even the term decimation doesn't do the damage down to students and teacher justice. Decimation comes from a Roman form of extreme discipline. The leader of phalanx would walk down the lines and kill every tenth man, but that's only a mere 10% slaughter. That's nothing compared to what we are seeing today.

Not only is education being cut, but the rights of teachers unions to even fight for their rights is being cut too. Thank you Mark Dayton, you son of a bitch. So with this clear and present danger to education, and the already putty filled heads of adolescents that think Snooky and "The Situation" aren't possibly retarded, I say "Ne" to teaching, for now. I'm not giving up, just giving in.

However, I have decided that I want to own my own Pizzeria. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but simply have had no money to do so. I may have just been given a break. On, the almighty and all knowing, Craigslist, or the "left hand of doom" depending on your viewpoint, I found an 25 years established Pizzeria for sale for $20,000. And I just might, assuming he says "yes," I can get the money, the place isn't a rat hole, I can make a profit, et cetera. Really what I'm saying is that an opportunity has presented itself and I might take it. We will have to see. The name of the restaurant was never divulged, but through carefully deciphering the age of the ria and location I believe it to be....


This means little to anyone else, but this place is a stones throw from PGE Park and a slight walk from Powell's books. I can get both drunk sports fans AND overeducated self important "readers." Really how can we lose. I finally pull out we, because Casey has pulled up no objections as of yet. This isn't her dream, but I think she knows that it's mine. So she is, at the very least, letting me pursue it.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Great oaks from little acorns grow.

    However, observing small restaurant owners in the past, you have not known what levels of fatigue and stress the human body can endure until you have owned a small restaurant.

    But, ya gotta pursue your passions.

    ReplyDelete