Monday, April 4, 2011

Nom!

Over seven months back in the states and I'm still having trouble keeping my eating on track.  What is it about being home that makes me less motivated?  No, that's too easy.  What is it about me in the United States that makes me care less, make excuses and say I'll eat better tomorrow?

Exercise is no trouble for me and I keep track of calories every day.  I do stupendously until dinner time.  It's not dinner that's the trouble, I'm good at portion sizes.  It's snacking.  Granted, I eat mostly healthy snacks, but too much is still too much.  It's in the evening that my body decides that we should consume constantly.  Until bedtime.  I've given myself stomach aches.  It's absurd.  It's not me.  Or, at least, it wasn't.

So, I'm going to try something a little different.  Apparently, being accountable to myself isn't enough.  So, at the end of everyday, I'll take the calorie log from my phone and post it to the blog.  Then that'll be it.  No more eating after that.  Maybe the eyes of others will help me reconsider macking on graham crackers or having quite so much peanut butter with that banana.

Plus, it kind of fits with April's challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I have been struggling with my self control for a couple years now. Before I met Dominic it was so easy. I was also completely antisocial. I've tried journaling and it did nothing but make me feel guilty. I am so over being guilty about what I eat. I've been reading up on some eastern religion and I am finding it inspiring. The whole my body is a temple is so cliche, but I'm really starting to take it to heart. It is making it a bit easier. I hope your plan helps you. Food guilt is such a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this, evening is my downfall, after about 9pm I feel I must have something to eat. It used to be a glass or two or three of wine, but i gave that up months ago, knowing it was not good for me and was hampering my weight loss. I too have taken the approach that my body is my temple. Just yesterday at the store thought about buying a single serving of red licorice , after all it was one serving right? But I always read the ingredients, and alas came to my scenes and put it back. Good luck sweetie, we all have to find what works for us

    ReplyDelete