Friday, March 18, 2011

Channeling

Goal:  To post something every day/night for a week.  Hopefully that will set the habit.

I recently began volunteering at the Oregon Humane Society here in Portland.  I'm totally stoked.  I volunteered in Tacoma at the Pierce County shelter.  I also did some kitten fostering with my roommates during senior year.  That's how I ended up with Ava.  I'm what you call a failed foster.

But, come on:



The shelters are totally different, as it turns out, so I'll be doing a lot of learning over the next few weeks and I'll fill you in on all of it as it comes.  I'll be working with cats to start, but I intend to be trained for dogs and small animals, as well.  I'll be there every Tuesday and occasionally on Wednesdays or Thursdays.

OHS has the most wonderful ad campaign, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.  You can see all of them, here.



3 comments:

  1. Those are great posters. And a great slogan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Casey! I've been thinking about volunteering at shelters here. I heard you can go jogging with the dogs. Exercise and attention for the both of you! Will you do any more kitten fostering, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about the fostering just yet. I want to, but Ava can get pretty weird about kittens (she's afraid of them, kind of) and it's a smaller space. OHS has a jogging program, but it's only on Saturdays and Sundays; I was so bummed. Maybe in the future if my schedule changes. I bet there are some great shelters in the Chicago area.

    ReplyDelete