Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Banana Nut Mandu!

Fusion is awesome.  So is finding random ways to use what you have around the house.  

We're headed over to Rob's for a movie night and I wanted to bring a treat.  But, we're running low on flower and several other baking necessities.  Since we're doing Thai pizza, I thought these fusion-y mandu would be a good match.  I was intending to use Thai bananas, but the ones at Pacific Market looked a bit sad.


Filling:  3 mashed bananas (not to ripe), 2-3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 generous handful of almonds (chopped)


Ben and Amy sent us this mandu pincher in our Christmas package.



It's hard not to over fill.  It takes less than you'd think.  Or at least, less than I always think.  Don't forget to wet the edges with a little water, so it seals when you fold it.


The pincher makes them look quite nice.


We shallow fried them in a wok.  It doesn't take long, just until they are golden and puffy.  Let them drain and cool on paper towels.  I'm going to dust them with a salt/powdered sugar mix before we eat them tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Those look soooo good. I love the mandu "folder" wonder if Pacific market has them for sale. I will have to check it out, it would be so handy

    ReplyDelete