Thursday, March 3, 2011

No Artificial Ingredients --> Chemical Free

IT'S MARCH!

The "No Artificial Ingredients" challenge for February went well.  We're definitely more aware of how many ingredients are in something, why they're there, exactly what they are and where they come from.  I intend to stick to as few indulgences in junk food and chemical food as possible, but I do have guilty pleasures.  Ian and I shared Dots at the movie last night and I woke up with a pretty solid gut ache.  It'll definitely be kept to a bare minimum and I'm definitely keeping everyday foods to the strict standards that last month gave me.

Now we're in "Chemical Free Household."  We bought borax and white vinegar for our laundry.  And I've stopped wearing deodorant.  Yep.  I didn't wear deodorant in Korea, so I don't really feel weird about it.  I've been meaning to stop again anyway.  When it warms up, I'll probably pick up some Lavilin at Whole Foods or something.

I need a new conditioner.  The one that I have is full of crap.  I've been preparing for this month, so all of our other bath products are good.  We also clean the apartment with soap, water and rubbing alcohol (which is, literally, a chemical, so it'll be switched out for the vinegar).

Here's to another month of awareness!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Lavilin works really well, it is the only thing that works on Bruce, and he usually has smelly armpits even after he showers. Did I ever mention how I love the smell of my own pits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm i'll have to check into that when i'm stateside again. I've done the same Casey as far as not using deoderant here, and I think I sweat and stink less for it win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, oddly enough, after a day or two of awkward adjustment, I kind of stop sweating. Works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Toms of Maine deodorant for a while, but it did not work. Maybe I should give this Lavilin a go? What is it, exactly?

    ReplyDelete