Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mint Ice Cream

I love mint ice cream.  In fact, I could really care less about ice cream as a dessert until there's mint involved.  So, I was really excited when I finally found these at Fred Meyer:



The "Purely Decadent" coconut based dessert is about 10 times better than the "So Delicious" soy based flavor.  It's creamier and the mint is much more powerful.  All soy based ice creams have a soy undertone, so I tend to go with nuttier flavors usually.  You can usually taste the coconut milk in these products, too, but I didn't taste any crossover in the mint chip.  Both are made by Turtle Mountain, so proceeds go to helping endangered sea turtles.

Ian chose a color for our bedroom (and Ben painted it, because he is the world's greatest house guest.  He should have his own reality tv show...) and:


Instead of "yellow grass" like it was billed as, it's mint ice cream, too.  I still like it.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, ice cream. Did you hear about the lupine ice cream that they are making in Europe. I can't remember where I read it, but apparently it has that creamy texture that is lacking in soy ice creams. I would definitely love to try it.
    Also, love the wall color. Looks like a lighter version of our kitchen/bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that! In fact, I'll admit that I had to look "lupine" up. I'm very intrigued, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Purely decadent line. I will have to try the mint. Good to get home and see a blog post waiting!!

    ReplyDelete