Thursday, September 22, 2011

Burt-Day

Ian planned a super fantastic birthday for me.  He didn't tell me anything in advance, either.

First we picked up our lunch from Sweet Pea (my favorite vegan bakery/delicatessen in town) which Ian had called in.  Then we drove down the freeway...  I had no idea where we were going, but we ended up at Multnomah Falls.  It was pretty fabulous.

Here are some pictures:

Perfect weather, lovely surroundings.

One of the things Ian got for me was this adorable owl apron.  This photo is so unflattering it makes me giggle.

You can't have any of Ian's sandwich... or soup.

Falls!

Falls!

Party photo!  I need to relax my face in pictures!

Ian ponders the falls.

Fall(s)!

This is what it looks like if you turn your back to the waterfall.

Mt.  Hood is naked.

After that we went to the Portland Art Museum (where I respectfully took no photos).  I think our favorite exhibit was Adam Sorensen's APEX.

Here's a picture of Sorensen in his studio from the Willamette Weekly:


We had dinner at Rob and Danie's where we watched the 1980's Transformers movie with Grant and Audrey and played "Imaginiff" (a board game).  It was a great ending to a fantastic day.

Good night!

4 comments:

  1. What a awesome day. The falls are beautiful. Love your owl apron. Ian you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! Hurray for brilliant birthday adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think you Photograph well. No need to change anything on your face!

    ReplyDelete