Thursday, August 25, 2011

Random Updates

So, I'm starting to adjust to my new schedule.  The best part is that I see Ian about 110% more than previously. The worst part is that 97% of that time is spent working at the shop.

I signed us up for the Run Like Hell 10k at the end of October to keep us motivated with our workouts.  I'm out of shape and my joints ache, but I'm confident that I'll be ready for the race.  Mom is doing it too, and (last I heard) so is Danielle, so it should be a blast.  It's Halloween themed (with the sub theme of "zombies" this year) and you're encouraged to do it in costume. I think it's a good, laid back choice for a first race.

It's been uncomfortably warm.  The past few days have pushed 90 and we have yet to acquire a fan...  The cats laze around all day.

Like this:

And this:

Ben also painted our accent wall and dining room because he is awesome.


This color is actually much more yellow.

I made Mom some vegan caramel for her birthday.

This:

Plus this:

Equals this:

Except I have no candy thermometer and it didn't set properly.  So, it was delicious sauce instead.

ANDREA CAME TO VISIT.  And we took about 2 whole photos.  We had excellent food and cocktails at Hungry Tiger Too and went to Mom's to relax and see her before she goes to Bali (tomorrow night!).

Andrea and I at the Olympia Waterfront.

We were waiting for her bus because:
It was super late.

Ben dared Ian to walk across the fountain, so he did.  He walked very stiffly, as he was afraid he would get wet the whole time.

Well, that's life right now.  I work open to closes over the weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll get to post again.  I'm excited to get pictures from Mom when she's in Bali.  I'll post any that I get here. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you posted. And the caramel sauce is soooo good.
    Great day with you Ian, Ben, and Andrea here for my Birthday. Always so much fun to spend time with my chitlins.
    I will send photos from Bali

    ReplyDelete