Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's not a Banana

It's rice cooked with coconut meat in bamboo.

What I mean is that it's delicious.

We first ate these in Cambodia. That one had beans in it.  The label on this guy (purchased from Pacific Market) said it had beans in it, but it didn't.  Still great. 

I just poured over my photos and we don't have a single one of that particular experience.  I have a photo of me eating spicy corn.  Ian eating potato candy.  Me eating dragon fruit.  Ian eating dragon fruit.  Me eating lemongrass soup.  Fish eating my feet...

None of that glorious coconut rice stick.

But, it's alright, because we have this photo:


You win some, you lose some.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Cambodia. That rice in bamboo is so delish. Hope they have it at Pacific Market when I come down next.
    I love that photo. The kids playing in the temple ruins, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it cooked in the bamboo, or just stuffed in there afterwards? If #1, seems like a great camping food, if you happen to have bamboo growing nearby: you cut some bamboo, stuff the stuff into it, hold it over a campfire, and presto: delicacy. Better'n marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, It is cooked in the bamboo, and is so delish! What a great idea for camping food. You are so right, much better than marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete