Sunday, February 13, 2011

From Scratch

This meal is from awhile back.  I've been sick with a chest flu, so I haven't had much energy to devote to blogging.


I was really proud of this.  Everything on this plate is from scratch.  Chickpea burgers, hamburger buns, and sweet potato oven fries.  The only exception is the mustard.  I wanted to use the homemade bbq sauce that Ian made for Christmas, but his base uses a ketchup that has HFCS in it, so no go.  The mustard turned out to be amazing on the sweet potatoes.  I definitely recommend that you try the combination.


Homemade frozen yogurt with berries.  So good.  If you're making your own froyo, use full fat yogurt.  It makes a big difference.  I also read that adding a dash of vodka to the mix helps keep it from getting icy.  But, we didn't have any liquor on hand, so I haven't tried it myself.

This weekend (Tues-Thurs) I'm going to post several recipes, including:

Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (the one with cumin)
Chickpea Burgers
Peanut Sauce

Keep an eye out.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that sounds good, Post the burger bun recipe too,they look delish! Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, can't wait for the peanut sauce recipe.

    ReplyDelete