Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Or are they muffins?  I choose not to pigeon-hole these delicious little dudes.

I got the recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, but I subbed most of the oil for applesauce and about 1/3 of the granulated sugar for brown sugar.  I also didn't frost them (the recipe calls for cinnamon icing), for those two reasons, it's up in the air whether they are cupcakes or muffins.




They stick to the wrappers way too much.  It might be because of the low fat content.  Also, these are the cheapest cupcake papers ever.  That could have something to do with it.

I knew that the cookbook had a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes and I had a can of pumpkin puree that I'd been planning to use.  I really like pumpkin and chocolate together, so I thought I was being totally clever when I bought the chocolate chips.  When I got home and flipped the book open to that page, what did I find?  The recipe already called for chocolate.  Go me.

One thing is for sure; they don't taste low fat or vegan.

Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. those look YumO! Put one in the freezer, so I can try it when I come to visit! Please

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just make you some fresh ones. They're very quick. :)

    ReplyDelete