Friday, January 27, 2012

Mini Goals

Last year I set monthly challenges and tried to adhere to each for 30 days.  I ended up giving up about half way through.

This year, I'm going to set weekly goals (they'll be Saturday to Saturday).  Some of them will be simple and week specific, some of them will be small pieces in the larger puzzle of who I'd like to be a the end of this year.

I've really got to start moving forward again.  I feel so stagnant.  I even occasionally fantasize about moving.  And I hate moving.  I do wish we had a dishwasher and that our laundry was inside our unit, but I digress.

Each Friday I will write a post containing the goals for the coming seven days and each Sunday I'll write to tell you how the previous week went.

This is what I want for this coming "week."  I'm going to keep it pretty easy for this first go.

1. Stick to the training schedule.  Week three of mileage build up training: Sat 3 miles, Sun 5 miles, Mon rest (anaerobic) , Tue 4 miles, Wed rest (anaerobic), Thur 4 miles, Fri rest (anaerobic), Sat 3 miles

2. Clean the litter box EVERY day.

3. Bake banana bread.  (I want to bake once a week, but this is taking it as the weeks come).

4. Finish reading The Wasp Factory

5. Finish writing chapter three and at least 2,000 words of chapter four in the Jecheon book.

6.  Finish the new in house menu (Publisher file) for Oasis.

Alright, that's it!  I'm gonna get to it!

3 comments:

  1. Everyone has their own way of doing things, but I say don't drive yourself nuts with too many goals. BTW, is there a difference between weekly goals and weekly plans? I mean, goals are things that you might fail to achieve, but even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Maybe you won't set yourself up for feeling bad if they are only "plans"? Well, that's my unsolicited 2c worth of reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that you are going great guns with the book, I am so excited for you. I think you accomplish a lot in the course of a week and a year. Speaking of baking, I made a Banana Raspberry cake today. It looks yummy.
    Good job also on the training for the marathon. When is it?
    I am goal setter too, just because I need that kick in the but sometimes and a goal does that for me. I always remember that the difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean the liter box every day, now that is my number one goal.

    ReplyDelete