Thursday, November 25, 2010

Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Vegetarian "Bacon" Crumble

For Thanksgiving this year, I decided to make something unusual, but with traditional roots.  Enter savory sweet potatoes.  I originally wanted to make a souffle, but we didn't have souffle dishes.

Gorgeous.

Sweet potatoes, ricotta, asiago, lime and green chilis.

Vegetarian bacon, you ask?  Start with some fresh shitakis and saute them until they start to brown.  Just before they are done, add liquid smoke and real maple syrup and let them simmer.  It'll surprise you how much your kitchen will smell like a porky breakfast.

Hopefully, it's a hit tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds wonderful! I was soo proud of my squash pumpkin pie, you would have been too! it was an absolute delight. I miss our meals together they were always the best! Hope you're enjoying your new place, your first legit little married life home : )

    ReplyDelete